In addition to the first dance as husband and wife, the father-daughter dance is one of the most anticipated and cherished moments of any wedding entertainment. In order to live up to years of a little girl’s wide eyed dreams, the father-daughter dance song has to include a few key elements for guaranteed perfection. A father-daughter wedding dance song should be sentimental and sweet and have an easy tempo to dance to. Choose a song that already has meaning for you and your father or if nothing specific comes to mind, pick one of the timeless father-daughter dance songs we’ve listed below.
Popular Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
- “Wonderful Tonight” – Eric Clapton
- “The Way You Look Tonight”- Frank Sinatra
- What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
- “My Wish” – Rascal Flatts
- “I Loved Her First” – Heartland
- “My Girl” – Temptations”
- Butterfly Kisses” – Bob Carlisle
- “Over The Rainbow” – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Dance With My Father” – Luther Vandross
- “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” – Darius Ruck
If traditional isn’t your bridal style, there are plenty of unique father-daughter wedding dance songs out there for you! Pick a song with a fun, upbeat tempo if that better fits your relationship with dad or choose a slow song that strikes a chord with you on a more personal level. We’ve provided a few unique ideas below to help you step outside the box!
Unique Father-Daughter Dance Ideas
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- In My Life – The Beatles
- Wildflowers – Tom Petty
- She’s a Rainbow – The Rolling Stones
- One In A Million – Larry Graham
What’s your favorite father-daughter dance song? Join the conversation with us on Facebook!
If you’re planning your wedding and need advice on booking entertainment, visit our recent blog post for tips on choosing your wedding band or musician, or give us a call to book your wedding music band, DJ or musician today!