This part of the article will help you to know some of the important guidelines to be followed during Mardi gras carnival, 2018.
With all of the excitement in the air, Mardi gras parades can often be risky, specially if you are a first timer or having your family and children with you to experience the greatest carnival on earth. The guidelines include some formal and informal rules that meant to keep everyone safe during the parade as well as to give the crowd a good chance to catch throws.
Here are some important things you should follow during the carnival time:
A few unofficial guidelines for Parade:
- Getting early to the spot is very important. Find a good place and bring enough food, beverages and all the essential things one should carry to spend the whole day.
- Park early and smartly to the spot assigned for parking to avoid penalty.
- Wear sturdy shoes as accidents may happen anytime as you step on the rolling beads thrown from the floats.
- Carrying a first aid kit is always advisable specially if you have kids with you.
- Check the weather forecast and take necessary measures accordingly.
- People watching the parades have a high risk of getting hurt by the throws, particularly the beads, so practice ducking from now!
- Bring a bag to collect the throws and later take them for recycling, unless you’ve got something that is worth to save.
Some New Official rules 2018:
According to the new warnings issued by the New Orleans officials:
- No clutter is allowed on the grounds adjacent to the parade route this year. Personal items like ladders, tents, grills etc. will not be allowed before the parade day and they must be set back 6 feet from the curb.
- Saving a spot with any kind of object is strictly not allowed.
- Don’t bring any weapon to the ground.
- No cans/glass bottles are allowed on the ground
- Nudity is completely banned along the parade route.
- Use public restrooms for toilet. Doing anything in public will fetch you punishment.
Have great time on Mardi Gras day and restrict yourself and others from doing any unruly thing to spoil the fun.