Not to be outdone, the mother-son wedding dance is a cherished tradition shared between the groom and his mom and a sweet complement to the father-daughter dance. In most wedding entertainment timelines, the mother-son dance follows immediately after the father-daughter dance and much like the bride’s dance with her father, the song choice for mother and son should be sentimental with an easy tempo to dance to. Often the song choice is a natural one based on a song that already has meaning for the groom and his mom, sometimes this is not the case! If you need help picking the perfect song for your mother-son wedding dance, one of our options below might be just what you’re looking for!
Popular Mother-Son Wedding Dance Songs
- “The First Lady in My Life” by Paul Todd
- “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon & Garfunkel
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “A Song for my Son” by Mikki Viereck
- “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins
- “Loves Me Like a Rock” by Paul Simon
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “He Gets That From Me” by Reba McEntire
Looking for something a bit more out of the ordinary? There is an amazing selection of unique mother-son wedding dance songs out there for you! Pick a song with an incredibly fun and upbeat tempo for dancing or keep it slow, but with a song that has a deeply personal meaning to you. Keep in mind that the newer the song the more likely it is to be popular at weddings, if you’re looking for a song that feels unique aim to find an older song that isn’t heard frequently on the radio. By choosing an older song, even one that was extremely popular for its time, it will likely be a fresh and not so commonly heard choice. We’ve provided a few unique ideas below to help you think outside the box!
Unique Mother-Son Dance Ideas
- “Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles
- “Beautiful Boy” by John Lennon
- “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “93 Million Miles” by Jason Mraz
- “Days Like This” by Van Morrison
If you’re planning your wedding and need advice on booking entertainment, visit our recent blog post for tips on choosing your wedding band or musician, or give us a call to book your live band in Atlanta, DJ or musician today!