Planning a trip to New Orleans during Mardi gras in February this year? Well, if you are travelling with family and kids, make sure that you plan in advance and keep detailed information about the festival. The hotels remain full since the extended weekend before the festival. People from other parts of the world gather here to watch parade that begin from January and continues till the carnival day.
When and where:
Mardi Gras or ‘Fat Tuesday’, the centuries-old cultural festival is celebrated every year in New Orleans and this year it is scheduled on February 13, 2018.
Some useful tips:
- Check out the Mardi Gras Parade Schedule 2018 in New Orleans on the Mardi gras official website.
- Check out the packages offering a front-row view of passing parades, along with the delicious New Orleans food.
- Know and obey the new parade rules and respect the Police.
- Be early on the spot and avail parking tickets.
- Arrange for transportation in advance.
- Other than watching parade, this is the best season to take an opportunity to visit some of the great attractions of the city like the beautiful historical park of Jackson Square, or visit the French market and the French Street for shopping and enjoying local food.
Music lovers will have a great time this year during Mardi gras as a number of music festivals are coming up in February across the country. If you are travelling to other parts of the country, do grab the opportunity.
- The upcoming Panama City Beach Mardi Gras and Music Festival (February 9-10) will be a real treat for you.
- Atlanta, GA. is ready to celebrate Mardi gras by holding a number of concerts and events offering a variety of Atlanta entertainment including R&B, country music throughout February. Check out the show schedule on internet.