Want to start your marriage in style? Let your true colors show in an offbeat themed wedding.
Sure, you can opt for a traditional wedding celebration with harps and string quartets — those are beautiful ceremonies. But if you’re looking for something different, try adding some magic tricks, rustic charm or rock-n-roll.
The best part about using themed weddings is you can hire unique wedding entertainers to make your event exceptional.
1. Casino Weddings – Bring all the glitz and glam of the Vegas Strip into your wedding. Incorporate bright and bold neon lights into your decoration scheme and add a few casino tables around the reception hall. Your guests who don’t enjoy dancing can take a break and play a few hands of cards. There’s no reason to limit the theme to just the reception party either. Hire a comedian or magician to perform at the rehearsal dinner in the style of a Vegas show. You can even have an Elvis impersonator at your wedding, just like at a real Vegas wedding.
2. Circus Wedding – What can be better than combining a circus and a wedding together? This fun theme allows the couple to add some fun to the reception by hiring offbeat entertainers. Stiltwalkers, caricaturists, and clowns can all work at the reception party. Add a touch of real carnival food by offering cotton candy and caramel apples at the buffet table. Clowns, comedians, and magicians can perform for the rehearsal dinner or bachelor and bachelorette party.
3. Rock and Roll Wedding – Rock and roll will never die, and neither will the memories from this extravagant wedding. Rock bands are the musicians of choice for the reception party. The wedding party can arrive in true rocker fashion by hiring stretch limousines. Even Elvis, the King of Rock himself can attend by hiring an Elvis impersonator. Caricaturists can work at the wedding reception and draw your guests in rock costumes.
4. Magic Weddings – Love brings with it a touch of magic, and this is a popular romantic theme. Some couples select a specific niche, such as a Harry Potter wedding or an Alice in Wonderland wedding while others just incorporate magic into the décor. Magicians are best suited for the rehearsal dinner, but they can also be used at the reception party when the band is taking a half-hour break.
5. Carnival Weddings – Break the mold and go with a youthful carnival wedding vibe. Rent an inflatable slide or two and set them up outside the reception tent to bring out the child inside your guests. Hire stiltwalkers, clowns, and magicians to stroll between the tables and perform tricks. A caricaturist can draw pictures of guests for the perfect memento of this fun-filled wedding celebration.
Find more Themed Wedding Ideas here.