Many people feel that a visit to Atlanta remains incomplete unless we explore the cultural aesthetics of that region.
Being the cultural capital of the new South, Atlanta is also a happening place for music lovers. Its music scene is one of the first things that come to mind when thinking about the city’s cultural attractions. Whether it is hip hop, R&B, 80’s tribute band, Indie-Rock bands, gospel music, or Symphony Orchestra and Chorus, Atlanta has a vast range to offer to the music lovers. Live music and concert is the soul of this place and the place has some of the fantastic music talents who become legends in the course of time.
Here are some of the shows and live concerts that you can enjoy this year if you are travelling to Atlanta during that particular period:
- SweetWater 420 Fest: This is an annual festival from Atlanta-owned SweetWater Brewing Company(April 20-22, 2018) features big-name bands participating in the musical event. Apart from music and art, the festival also offers SweetWater beers and a comedy tent showcasing local talent and an EDM-centric Disco.
- The Shaky Beats Music Festival: This will be held in Atlanta’s Central Park in May 11-13, 2018, where you can enjoy electronic, indie and hip-hop acts across three stages. You will have an experience like never before.
- If you think music festival is out of your budget this year, check out the Atlanta Jazz Festival that will cost $0. Every day in the month of May will feature a free jazz event at jazz clubs, local parks and restaurants as part of 31 Days Jazz festival. The main event of the festival is Memorial Day weekend, at Piedmont Park.
- Tunes from the Tombs (at Historic Oakland Cemetery).: If your are travelling to Atlanta in June, take a chance to participate in one of the most unique music festivals in Atlanta. The event hosts local Atlanta bands along with various stages of entertainment including food trucks and tours.
Few other important Music events of 2018:
- Music Midtown, one of the city’s largest music fest is held in September every year and pulls crowd for the wide musical genres featuring some of the biggest names in the world of live music.
- Imagine Music Festival (Sept. 21-23, 2018): Electronic musicians, DJs and bands perform with its main attraction, the cirque-style acts during this festival. Witness the electrifying atmosphere in this musical show.
Hope the above information will help you to get a taste of the musical aesthetics of that region during your trip to Atlanta. Chalk out the things you want to do there and enjoy to the fullest.